We are hiring! If you love a creative environment, working with local vendors, we want to connect with you! We encourage all interested applicants to submit their resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letters are a bonus!
Sales Associate (Part-Time)
Mala Baby has grown to become a sustainable baby & kids fashion shopping destination for families across the country. Mala Baby was born from one simple thought, from one mama to another: to create a shopping space for mother & beyond, an inclusive and approachable place for families seeking high-quality, affordable, timeless pieces and products for their little ones and the mamas in their lives. We strive to be the home for many beloved Canadian vendors and source fun, unique, high quality products to meet the needs of families stylishly and ethically.
Here at Mala Baby you will have the opportunity to be a part of a female-founded company who puts the needs of families first. Be a part of a growing team who values creativity, ‘outside the box’ thinking, and likes to have fun along the way! As a Sales Associate, you will have the ability to work with brands in our industry and create memorable experiences with our community.
More in depth, you will be responsible for:
- Store opening and closing duties
- Store inspection and ensure store is up to store standards/guidelines
- Assist customers with and advise on product
- Meet monthly sales targets/quotas
- Ecommerce support - fulfilling and packaging orders
- Store operations support
- Administrative duties including reporting
- Utilize company workflow standards and guidelines
- Managing client relationships through all the stages of the sales cycle
- Managing inventory by keeping records of available products
- Other store duties as assigned
- 1-2 years experience in retail store operations or in retail sales.
- Basic retail math skills
- Use basic POS functionality/tech Saavy. Previous POS application experience preferred - Previous experience operating a computerized Point of Sale terminal
- Dynamic and energetic
- Able to build rapport with others quickly
- High School Diploma
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
Start Date: January 22, 2023
Location: Toronto, ON
*This is an in-person role.